In driver 334.89 NVIDIA introduced a new proprietary rendering mode for 3D Vision that enables us to improve the 3D experience for many key DirectX 10 and 11 games. This mode is now called “3D Compatibility Mode”. We have continued to iterate on this feature in beta driver 337, increasing game support and adding a toggle key to enable/disable the mode.
Games with 3D Compatibility Mode will launch in this mode by default. To change the render mode back to standard 3D Vision mode, simply press CRTL-ALT-F11 while in-game. Press CRTL-ALT-F11 again to switch back to 3D Compatibility Mode. (To activate this toggle capability, you will need to ensure that Advanced In-game Settings is enabled in the control panel, before you start the game. Go to Control Panel > Stereoscopic 3D > Set up stereoscopic 3D > Set Keyboard Shortcuts > Show advanced in-game settings, and check “Enable advanced in-game settings”. )
New 3D Compatibility Mode support has been added for the following games:
1. Assassin’s Creed Liberation – previously “Not Recommended”, now rated as “Excellent”
2. Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army – previously “Good”, now rated as “Excellent”
3. Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 – previously “Good”, now rated as “Excellent
4. Strike Suit Zero – previously “Not Recommended”, now rated as “Good”
5. Watch Dogs – rated as “Good”
Note: Games must be run in DX10 or DX11 mode and 3D Vision Surround is not supported.